QCF (Qualification Credit Framework)
What QCF qualifications do we run?
We currently offer qualifications in Dementia Level 2, End of Life Level 3, Nutrition Level 2 and Medication Level 3 which are all stand alone qualifications. All of these qualifications can be used to RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) into the Diploma in Health & Social Care qualifications. Within the Health & Social Care qualification Level 2 and level 3 there are 3 pathways to choose from:
- Generic Pathway
- Dementia Pathway
- Learning Disabilities Pathway
What is QCF?
The QCF is a new flexible way of recognising and rewarding skills and qualifications. The QCF will present units and qualifications in a simpler way and it will lead to qualifications that are flexible and meet the skills and knowledge needs of the workforce.
How will it work?
Every unit and qualification in the framework will have both a credit value and a level. One credit represents 10 hours of learning, so the credit value shows how much time it takes to complete. Levels can vary from entry level through to level 8. Qualifications are available at Award, Certificate and Diploma level.
– Awards (1 to 12 credits)
– Certificates (13 to 36 credits)
– Diplomas (37 credits or more)
Benefits for you as a learner:
- The QCF will allow you to build up credits at your own pace.
- You will be able to undertake learning in smaller bite size chunks.
- Any credits you bank through learning can be transferred between qualifications to avoid repetition.
- Flexible learning will ensure that your qualifications are relevant and appropriate to your job roles.
- You will have a unique learner number that will allow access to your Individual learner record. An electronic system that will record all learning and achievement. This will ensure consistency and a standard method of recording making it easier for you to understand.
- Within the QCF, 1 credit equates to 10 learning hours these include:
- Visual learning
- Work based etc
This will ensure diversity in the delivery and assessment of qualifications and that you are able to undertake learning in an appropriate style.