All Northumberland County Council Employees must apply for this course via the link to Learning Together
This 2 Day course is designed to equip Registered Managers, Training Co-ordinators’ and Senior Staff of Independent Provider services, with the necessary knowledge and skills of the Mental Capacity Act which will enable them to deliver appropriate MCA Training to their own staff. It is designed in ‘module’ format so that sessions can be easily planned according to staff group.
The Programme explores the MCA in detail and gives participants the tools to successfully facilitate a session and to evaluate and reflect on the outcomes achieved.
Participants will each receive a ‘Trainer Pack’ with useful information and resources that can be used in developing further training.
Participants will be expected to undertake a Micro Teach exercise as part of this programme.
Participants MUST attend both days and have completed MCA Awareness Training in advance of attending this course.
- Have a greater level of understanding about the Mental Capacity Act
- Observed the delivery of MCA training.
- Undertaken delivery of part of the MCA Awareness Programme (Micro Teach).
- Explored good practice in training delivery
- Undertaken case studies/activities that can be adapted to own service setting.
- Identified good practice in dealing with difficult learners
- Evaluate and reflect on own delivery
- Had an opportunity to network and share practice
- Receive a Train the Trainer course pack
- Identified other relevant resources that can be used to support training.
Private, Voluntary & Independent Providers only
Dates, Times, Venues